School Meals & Healthy Eating
We provide healthy snacks in the mornings, including a variety of fruit and vegetables. Milk and water are available during the day.
We encourage our children to bring their own water bottle which can be refilled if necessary during the day.
Currently we do not provide hot school meals for our children. We ask that Parents/Carers provide a healthy packed lunch for your child. Staff will assist your child in eating their lunch. For children who are eligible for free school meals* we provide a packed lunch.
*You may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child, if you (or your child) get one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
If you feel that your child may be eligible for a free school meal, please speak to Mrs Keen in the office.
Please note free schools meals are only provided for children 3 years and over.
If your child has any food allergies or dietary needs, please ensure that you have informed your child's keyworker.
Please see the links below for healthy lunchbox ideas: