Promoting British Values
At Edith Cadbury Nursery School we believe in promoting British Values.
Our ethos, vision and values advocate respect for the individual and for the community and the diverse cultures within our community, city and beyond. We aim to foster a positive, democratic and tolerant environment where children, parents, staff and governors are able to flourish.
- Children help to decide the rules for Nursery based on what they know is right.
- Children are involved in planning and directing their learning.
- Families are able to contribute to decisions by completing questionnaires.
- Parents may become representatives on the School's Governing Body.
The Rule of Law:
- Children understand that rules are made to keep us all safe and remind us of right and wrong. (Rules displayed as reminders)
- Children listen to adults and understand that they must follow instructions.
- Children follow Nursery School routines.
- Parents' support the school Behaviour Policy.
- Children are able to select their choice of activity, materials and resources they need.
- Open-ended tasks allow children to direct their learning.
- Forest School and outdoor learning promote the freedom to explore, investigate and take risks in a secure environment.
- Children are encouraged to voice ideas and opinions and to comment on what they have learned.
- Children are encouraged to respect themselves and to develop high self-esteem.
- Children learn about other cultures and respect the ideas and practices of their peers.
- Our Behaviour Policy promotes positive behaviour and children learn about "kind words, hands and feet".
- Our ethos is one of respect which permeates all we do.
- Children listen to each other and learn to share ideas, take turns and work collaboratively.
- Children learn about how we are all the same and how we are different.
- Children learn about their own cultures and the diverse cultures within our community.
- Children celebrate a variety of special days, cultural festivals and events.
- Parents are encouraged to join us when we celebrate events and to be part of the school community.